Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Thousand Words

I have in a downstairs closet, three boxes of photos neatly divided by the approximate month they were taken, from the time I was a reporter between 1989 and 1996.

A few days ago I went through the boxes looking for pictures of Jean Postlethwaite, a friend who passed away, and I knew that because I'd written a few stories about her, that I would be sure to find something. And I did. What I didn't expect, was to find so many photos of friends, acquaintances and complete strangers, taken at numerous events over the years that I'd like to share. So I've decided to do just that.

Each Saturday from today forward, I will upload at least one photo from my archives with a cutline written from memory. Forgive the fact that these aren't award-winning photos and that I won't necessarily remember all the faces or the exact date, but it should be fun for north-Interlakers to engage in this blast from the past. Feel free to post on the blog if you know who is in the photo, add/correct my memory, or post your own remembrances of the event.

To start this off, I've included a few from the month of March in the early 1990s:

Every time I see this photo I can't help but smile. It was taken from the window at Nordheim Printing.
Not sure of the year (1994?), the Fisher Branch Blades beat the Lundar Falcons in the final game of the series to win the SIHL championship.

Helen Jeremy with a set of triplets, taken at their farm near Moosehorn. Again, early 1990s. If memory serves me correct, the calves were born naturally to this 13 year-old cow . . .
_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment